- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the captivating city of Stellenbosch with AIFS and earn up to 7 credits. Live in the comfortable University Student Residence. Enjoy cultural activities such as sporting events, beach excursions, trips to local craft and food markets, a vineyard tour, and hiking trips. A 6-day trip along the famous Garden Route, and a 3-day trip to the beautiful West Coast National Park are included.
This unique academic program introduces students to the health care system in South Africa, covering themes in disease, malnutrition, poverty, and mental and psychosocial health. The course uses readings, presentations and experiential learning, and students have the opportunity to have a community based on-site rotation at the Stellenbosch University Rural Clinic.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Spectacular mountain ranges surround Stellenbosch, the university town in the wine lands of the Western Cape. The elegant Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian houses that grace the oak tree-lined streets reflect the history of one of South Africa’s oldest towns. You’ll find interesting museums, open-air coffee shops, bistros and a thriving art scene; go further afield and you can hike through vineyards, orchards and mountain ranges. Study here and become part of a vibrant academic community with a tranquil and laid-back atmosphere.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors with a minimum 2.8 GPA. No previous African language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program