AIDE Abroad’s international internships in Costa Rica offer participants the opportunity to gain experience and develop employability skills in a global context. Furthermore, participants may be eligible to receive academic credit for their international
- Alajuela, Costa Rica; San Jose, Costa Rica; Cartago, Costa Rica; Santa Cruz, Costa Rica; Angeles, Costa Rica; Heredia, Costa Rica; Quepos, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Hospitality, Law, Medical, Psychology, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- AIDE Abroad’s international internships in Costa Rica provides currently-enrolled university students, recent graduates, as well as more experienced professionals, the chance to gain hands-on experience in a wide range of fields within this biologically diverse Central American country.
Participants are placed in an international internship that is customized according to their field of study, professional experience, and Spanish language skills.
AIDE Abroad’s international internships in Costa Rica offer participants the opportunity to gain experience and develop employability skills in a global context. Furthermore, participants may be eligible to receive academic credit for their international internship with AIDE Abroad. AIDE Abroad believes that this access to experiential learning develops intercultural competence, as well as tolerance and understanding of circumstances and societies that are different from our own. Our aim is to build a worldwide community of global citizens who will be part of an ongoing intercultural conversation. Welcome aboard, and we hope that you enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
AIDE Abroad International Internship Services: • Guaranteed international internship placement prior to departure for Costa Rica • Detailed training plan/internship offer (including duties/responsibilities, reporting structure, and other relevant information) • Accommodation and meals (either in a home stay or on-site) • Pre-departure orientation and detailed handbook • Visa assistance (if needed) • Airport pickup and transfer to accommodation • Arrival orientation in Costa Rica • Travel Medical Insurance • Full-time local representative in Costa Rica • 24/7 personal support and emergency number • Certificate of completion (upon request) • Assistance receiving academic credit (check with your university advisor for requirements) • Language class placement (class prices not included in program fee)
- Setting Description:
- We offer placements throughout the country, where participants will have the opportunity to both explore nature and live with a Costa Rican host family. Sharing your daily life with them will provide you with cultural experience and insight that you could never have as a tourist. Soon you will become immersed in “Tico” culture and live “pura vida”, the relaxing way of life that has made Costa Rica famous. The goal is for interns to better understand their industry, distinguish their resume with international work experience, and gain confidence in their field of expertise.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program