In this program, you will learn all the steps of hand-made shoe making from skilled artisans with top-level expertise. You will learn the methods to: measuring feet, making patterns, cutting, treating leather, sewing, finishing, to make high-quality shoes
- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, MayMester Intersession, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Fashion
- Program Description:
- Accademia Riaci is an Art and Design professional school since 1983, concentrated on giving professional and hands-on training. The advantages of learning at Accademia Riaci is that all the professors are top level authentic Italian artists and designers, and student-teacher ratio is kept small (up to 8 students per professor) to allow instruction customized to each student's level and style, and to achieve an effective and speedy learning even in a short period.
In this program, you will learn all the steps of hand-made shoe making from skilled artisans with top-level expertise. You will learn the methods to: measuring feet, making patterns, cutting, treating leather, sewing, finishing, to make high-quality shoes for which Italy is well known in the world. At the end of the course, you will have created your own original shoes that fits your feet perfectly! Methods of production that you will learn: cemented process Goodyear-style stitching, Moccasin, etc. The types of footwear you will learn include:"Decollete" open-back shoes, open heel shoes, balmoral (Oxford), blucher (Derby), french style Sandals, Brogue. At the end of the course, you will have acquired the necessary skills to start up as a young professional. Students are given opportunities to visit international leather art fairs in Italy, too.
Art visits on Fridays, Computer and Free Wifi available in the school building, Interpreting service, Student support, Italian language lessons, Internship placement, collaboration with local companies/laboratories.
- Setting Description:
- Typologies of Program We offer several courses that vary in level, duration and intensity of the study: - One Year Course (Basic/Atelier/Specialty) - Master Course - Short courses - Summer intensive courses
- Intensive Course:5,300 Euro/6 week~ One-year Course:15,000 Euro Atelier Course:12,000 Euro Master Course:16,000 Euro Internship: please inquire Short course: please inquire
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program