The ABV Galapagos program include the following services: Airport meet and greet in Quito 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito Orientation, project briefing in Quito Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos Entrance fee ($100) Galapagos National Park Ingala ID
- Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Environment, Health, Social Services
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Volunteering in the Galapagos Islands
We have social welfare programs, as well as environmental/conservations programs on the Islands. In Santa Cruz our social welfare programs will allow you to work with very small children, babies, toddler and also pre-school and higher education. On San Cristobal our environmental projects focus on sea turtle, marine iguana and sea lion conservation efforts.
For both projects volunteers begin and end their journey in Quito. You will spend the first 2 nights in Quito (with meals) receiving your program briefing and orientation. You will be provided roundtrip airline tickets to the islands and be escorted to the airport in Quito. Flight time is approximately 3 hours. Once on the Island you will be met by your host family at the airport and they will accompany you to their home. All transportation at the end of the program, back to Quito, including airfare, is included in the program fees.
The ABV Galapagos program include the following services: Airport meet and greet in Quito 2 night accommodation/meals in Quito Orientation, project briefing in Quito Airline ticket Quito to Galapagos Entrance fee ($100) Galapagos National Park Ingala ID card Meet and greet on Santa Cruz/San Cristobal Host family accommodation and 3 meals a day Volunteer project placement 35-40 hour per week Transfer to airport at end of program Airline ticket Galapagos to Quito Airport reception in Quito Final overnight/meals in Quito Departure transfer to Quito
Education / Teaching in San Cruz: Volunteers have the opportunity to teach conversational English at a public school in Santa Cruz. The school has over 650 children from 4 years to 14 years old, in the areas of pre-school up to primary 7th grade. Volunteers will help in areas of English lessons, recreation and also developmental needs of the children. Classes are held Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 1:00pm. Opportunities also available in a multilingual education facility that was created in order to give educational services to the children from the islands, especially for those that have migrated from the indigenous communities with their families. School has 30 pre-school students and 100 children in basic education. Ages 4yrs to 11 years old.
- Setting Description:
- Child Care / Nursery in Santa Cruz: Volunteer at a community run day care /nursery center in Santa Cruz. The children range in age from infants to 5 years old. There are approximately 100 children at this center daily. The program provides feeding and integral education to aid some of the poorest families on the island. Many of the children at this center have single mothers who cannot pay for day care while they are working. This is a safe haven for parents to take their children. Project hours are 730am - 4 pm daily. Volunteers are provided lunch at the center. Volunteer tasks including changing diapers, upkeep duties at the facility, kitchen help, recreational and educational needs for the older children. This is a fast paced, active program with a lot of daily activity.
- Environmental / Animal Welfare in San Cristobal: Volunteers have the opportunity to support the conservation efforts and wild life on the Galapagos. This program focus is sea turtles, marine iguanas and sea lions. Volunteers help with conservation needs such as animal monitoring and tracking reports, beach patrols, recording on new births, as well as working in the Galapaguera greenhouse. This program lets you do a little bit of everything pertaining to providing support of sustainable conservat
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program