- Montpellier, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Study in this cultured university city with a centuries-old history of intellectual advances and social tolerance. Complete teaching licensure requirements, examine French education practices, and complete your teaching practicum in a French school while living with a host family or in a charming apartment.
Based at the University of Montpellier, this program has been developed in conjunction with the University of Minnesota's College of Education and Human Development. It is designed to meet major requirements for students in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, and Special Education.
Live with a French host family, in a traditional French apartment, the Observatoire student residence, or in a dormitory.
Three excursions are included each term to introduce you to the unique character of southern France. In addition, the program’s social and administrative assistants organize activities to familiarize you with the city and provide you with opportunities to meet French students.
- Setting Description:
- Live and study in Montpellier, one of France’s fastest growing cities and an emerging cultural and educational center. Within easy reach of both mountains and the Mediterranean, and home to 100,000 university students, Montpellier is a young, vibrant city with a centuries-old history of intellectual advances and social tolerance.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA; sophomores and above; no language prerequisite; American degree-seeking students
- Scholarships Description:
- The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program