- Paris, France; Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API's gap year programs in France are designed for French language study at all levels. All students will take university-level courses for college credit while abroad. In Paris, students have the option of taking all courses in French, or taking some classes in English. In Grenoble, students can take an Intensive Language course. All students take a comprehensive French language course that focuses on writing, oral expression and pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. Throughout the semester, students will also be able to participate in cultural activities and excursions, which will provide greater insight into the French way of life.
- Setting Description:
- Whether it’s gastronomic greatness, artistic endeavor, or cultural cachet you’re looking for, there’s no doubt that France still sits right at the top of the European heap. France is the country for which the word chic was invented – seductive and aloof, old-fashioned and forward-looking, but always characterized by a certain "je ne sais quoi." France is Europe’s most diverse, tasty, and, in many ways, exciting country to explore. It’s a multifaceted cultural fondue. France is nearly as big as Texas, with 60 million people and more than 500 different cheeses. This country features three distinct mountain ranges (the Alps, the Pyrenees and the Central), the Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines, cosmopolitan cities and sleepy villages.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.50 G.P.A. Open to high school graduates ages 17 and up. No previous French language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program