- Caen, France; Paris, France; Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
API offers a wonderful opportunity for students to study abroad in France and immerse themselves into the French culture and way of life in Caen, Grenoble, or Paris. Courses are taught in French at all levels, from beginning to superior. Classes are comprised of other foreign and American students.
Whether it’s gastronomic greatness, artistic endeavor or cultural cachet you’re looking for, there’s no doubt that France still sits right at the top of the European heap. France is the country for which the word chic was invented – seductive and aloof, old-fashioned and forward-looking, but always characterized by a certain je ne sais quoi. France is Europe’s most diverse, tasty, and, in many ways, exciting country to explore. It’s a multifaceted cultural fondue. France is nearly as big as Texas, with 60 million people and more than 500 different cheeses. This country features three distinct mountain ranges (the Alps, the Pyrenees and the Central), the Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines, cosmopolitan cities, and sleepy villages. From its Swiss-like Alps to its molto Italian Riviera, and from the Spanish Pyrenees to das German Alsace, you can stay in France, feel like you’ve sampled much of Europe, and never be more than a short stroll from a good vin rouge.
- Setting Description:
- API offers programs in three locations in France: Caen, Grenoble, and Paris. Caen is located in the heart of Normandy in northern France: a few miles from the coast, the landing beaches, the bustling resort of Deauville and Cabourg, Norman Switzerland or Pays d’Auge and two hours northwest of Paris. Grenoble is a slower-paced alpine city in which the friendliness of the locals make it easy to develop your fluency in French. Paris maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Please see API website
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program