- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
This engaging semester study abroad program places you at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), a young and dynamic public university. UPF offers a globally-minded approach to teaching and learning while staying true to its roots in Barcelona, Catalonia, and Spain. The UPF urban multi-school campus is concentrated near Barcelona’s beautiful coast and among some of the city’s top attractions and most desirable neighborhoods. Share a classroom with students from Barcelona, elsewhere in Spain, and other visiting students from dozens of countries. And of course you’ll also share a beautiful and vibrant city with its lively inhabitants, extending your academic and personal learning setting to wherever you find yourself in any given moment.
- Setting Description:
- It’s no wonder that Barcelona is one of the top tourist and study abroad destinations in the world. This incredible location on the shores of the Mediterranean has a delightfully mild climate year round. Plus, Barcelona is one of the most exciting and vibrant cities to live in! The second-largest city in Spain has two official languages, Castilian Spanish and Catalan. It’s the perfect place to challenge yourself and practice your own Spanish skills, while also learning more about the unique Catalan history and culture. The city is bustling, and you'll be in awe of the architecture, including Gaudi's towering Sagrada Familia basilica. When you're ready to immerse yourself in nature, you can easily reach beaches and hiking sites just outside of Barcelona. The efficient public transportation system allows you to quickly travel to the many beaches to both the north and south of Barcelona. It also means you can easily navigate campus and the many amazing sites located throughout the city.
- Please visit our website for prices.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for details.