- Melbourne, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A research university dedicated to discovery and innovation
University of Melbourne, founded in 1853, is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight and is one of Australia’s top universities. It is an elite research university dedicated to discovery and innovation, evidenced by its affiliation with 100 research centers and institutes.
Today’s student body of 48,000 (13,000 of whom are international, from 130 countries) had its origins a century and a half ago in its original facilities, situated in parkland, with four professors and sixteen students.
Contemporary University of Melbourne, which is divided into eleven academic units, is a popular study abroad choice in the heart of the city, with state-of-the-art facilities, easy access to all urban amenities, and a friendly, multicultural vibe.
Melbourne offers a vast array of subject choices, with over 400 on offer in 40 departments. The university offers special “breadth” courses open to all students outside a major, for maximum flexibility. It is also known as one of the best Australian universities for pre-med studies. Additionally, the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) is a top school for art, photography, music and dance, and the university's business school is AACSB-accredited.
Special Academic Opportunity: Service Learning - If you’re studying at Melbourne for more than one semester, Community Volunteering for Change includes an 80-hour placement in a non-profit organization as well as pre- and post-placement seminars with Melbourne faculty.
Ivy-covered facades of sandstone characterize some of the campus’ historical architecture, and the main campus at Parkville is a local tram ride away from all the rich history and culture of one of the world’s most livable cities. The student body expresses its diversity and interests in the more than 200 clubs and societies you are encouraged to join.
Parkville is a city-within-a-city, with twelve libraries, gyms, shopping, and a seasonal farmers market, in close proximity to hospitals, research institutes and a wide range of industry.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Ivy-covered walls, state-of-the-art facilities, and a five-minute walk to hundreds of restaurants and cafes - this describes the University of Melbourne, one of Australia's leading institutions. Situated in the heart of the city, the University maintains its own clearly defined community and campus. You'll find all of the amenities you'd expect from a campus of 38,000 students. The Student Union sponsors concerts, art exhibits, and a theater as well as many clubs and societies. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Mission Beach · The Grampians · North Stradbroke Island · Broken Bay · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 3.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program