- Sydney, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Gold Coast, Australia; Melbourne, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
API offers students a wonderful opportunity for students to study abroad in Australia and experience life “down under” through study in locations such as Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Melbourne, and Sydney. A wide variety of courses are available in English, taught alongside Australian and other international students.
Australia has one of the top systems of higher education in the world (23 of its universities are in the world top 500), and is the 4th largest recipient of international students (behind only the U.S., U.K., and now, France). The country is known for its diverse and beautiful landscapes that span the world’s largest island (or smallest continent, depending on your point of view). Five of Australia’s cities are ranked among the world’s top 30 for students to live in (Mercer), and cities such as Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney are known for their eclectic and international makeup. Come experience this amazing land through an API study abroad program in Australia!
- Setting Description:
- API hosts programs across Australia. Recently called the “World’s Best Downtown" and "Australia's Hippest City," Brisbane is the capital of the state of Queensland and the 3rd largest city in Australia. Spanning nearly 60 km of coastline with some of the best beaches on the planet, the Gold Coast is home to more than 500,000 residents and contains beautiful beaches, excellent quality of life, and friendly people. Melbourne, the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, was recently named the 2nd best student city in the world (QS World Rankings), as well as one of the world’s top 3 most livable cities. Located on the southeastern coast, Sydney is home to over 4.6 million people and is known the world over for its stunning landmarks such as the Sydney Harbor Bridge and Opera House, it’s amazing cuisine, and diverse populace.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Please see API website
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.