- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Conduct your own independent STEM research under the supervision of world-class researchers
Your STEM Summer Research project is supported by the University College Dublin O’Brien Center for Science, and takes place over eight weeks in the summer for a total of six credits.
UCD is a research-intensive university and projects are available in a number of STEM fields. Working alongside researchers, you’ll be conducting your own independent research based on your approved, pre-selected project.
Mentorship and support from both your faculty and the Arcadia Dublin Center staff are an essential component of this intensive, highly competitive program.
University College Dublin (UCD) is Ireland’s largest university, with 30,000 students drawn from 136 countries, and is a leading international research university with significant links to industry. The campus is located a few miles outside central Dublin, on 328 acres, and features a Student Centre, health and fitness center, Olympic-size pool, student cinema, Global Lounge and a Woodland Walk. You can choose from over 140 clubs and societies.
Projects are available in the following areas: Biology, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Bioengineering, Genetics and Pharmacology, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Botany, Marine Biology, Ecology
Additional Program Highlights:
- This is a highly competitive program with limited places so please apply early to increase your chances of acceptance onto the program.
- You will engage in faculty supervised, hands-on research projects with results that will culminate in the preparation of a research paper.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- University College Dublin (UCD) combines the excitement of living in Dublin with the convenience of studying at a suburban campus. It is the largest (over 25,000 students) and most international university in Ireland. Its 328 acre site located only 3 miles from the center of Dublin, UCD offers the housing, entertainment, and recreational facilities you expect to find on a campus. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...