High school students are offered a university-based STEM program in the heart of Dublin and have the opportunity to work alongside local Irish participants to prepare them for a future in the STEM fields.
- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
Trinity College Dublin and API are offering high school students a unique, 10-day university-based STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) enrichment program, through the Walton International Program. This program is offered in conjunction with Trinity University, the oldest university in Ireland and internationally recognized as the No. 1 university in Ireland. This offering is designed specifically for students who have a strong interest in STEM areas. Through the Walton International Program, students will have the unique opportunity to participate in hands-on learning in the STEM fields through workshops built around physics, mathematics, coding/technology, and engineering. Projects like building a small electronic car and writing the code that controls it, all alongside local Irish participants, will prepare US students for future study in the STEM fields.
- Setting Description:
- It is said that Ireland, once visited, is never forgotten. Surrounded by ancient castles and lush rolling green hills, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 3.0 GPA. Participants must be completing grades 9-10 and must be 15 or 16 years old.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program