- Belfast, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A world-class institution in a modern, affordable capital city
Located in a modern, affordable, capital city in one of the safest regions in the UK, Queen’s is a world-class academic institution with a history that goes back to the mid-nineteenth century. It is well-known for academic and research excellence, and combines the best elements of tradition and progressive thinking, with a particular strength in courses examining the politics of divided societies.
The campus is in the social and cultural heart of the city, where there are cafes, museums, parks, and nightlife within easy reach of campus. The region in which Belfast is located is home to breathtaking scenery, where students enjoy adventure sports and communing with the natural world. From hiking to surfing to dolphin-watching and moonlight kayaking, with nearby mountains, valleys, and glens to discover -- there is something for everyone. Events, festivals, and a lively arts scene, along with a thriving food culture and friendly locals, make it fun to be out and about, exploring and getting to know your new home.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Giant's Causeway
- Game of Thrones Westeros set location
- Dublin Weekend
- Cliffs of Moher
- Homestay Weekend
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Belfast's history and its manageable size make the city itself into a laboratory for academic and experiential learning. Top-quality teaching and research, an active campus environment, and opportunities to fully integrate into QUB student life are just a few of the qualities that you may find attractive about Queen's. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...