Central Saint Martins is an exiting and energetic creative factory, bringing together students from the widest range of disciplines under one roof. Independent, risk-taking students who embrace the challenge of self direction thrive here!
- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Central Saint Martins’ large, purpose-built campus is an exiting and energetic creative factory, bringing together students from the widest range of disciplines under one roof. Independent, risk-taking students who embrace the challenge of self direction thrive here. Student population: 4,883 There are two main types of study programs of study at Central Saint Martins as follows: Integrated Semester Programmes TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 40 UAL credits per term (12 semester credits) Students enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students on their BA courses. API semester/year students in these University of the Arts, London programmes are fully integrated into the college and study alongside British and international students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits. Special Semester Study Abroad Programmes TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 12 – 16 U.S. credits per semester. The Free Elective Studies Program (FESP) at Central Saint Martin’s College of Art and Design is entirely designed for the study abroad student. Courses are taught entirely with American and international students in the American university style (continuous assessment, collaborative classes, a la carte course choices). Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors, Housing, Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- University of the Arts, London is a collegiate university comprising 6 internationally renowned colleges of art, design, communications, fashion and the performing arts, and as such is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located within London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community. The University’s 1,228 teaching staff; as active professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics and theorists, lead the way on creative and experimental practice alongside historical and theoretical analysis. The combination of a varied student group, cutting-edge research and highly-experienced staff creates a unique, multifaceted learning experience for students at the University.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program