- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The University in Ireland's cultural capital and most international city
A globally focused, research-led university, National University of Ireland Galway (NUI Galway) was established in 1845 and its iconic quadrangle building welcomed students four years later. Today it is home to 18,000 students, 4,000 of which are international, from 110 countries.
You’ll be able to choose from the University's extensive variety of course offerings in the humanities, sciences, business, engineering and law. To make the most out of the study abroad experience, many students take advantage of courses in Irish history, language and culture.
Special Academic Opportunities: NUI Galway offers both a service learning option for study abroad students, as well a practice-based learning of indigenous Irish music, song and dance.
Galway is distinguished in the med-tech field with numerous industry leaders based in the city, and NUI Galway features a Biomedical Science building that supports the research of over 300 scientists working in areas including regenerative medicine, stem cell research, cancer biology, and biomaterials. Research priorities in other disciplinary areas have included nanotechnology, Celtic civilization, human settlement and historical change, and integrated digital enterprises, amongst many others.
The campus is located just fifteen minutes from the center of Galway. The city is the most international in Ireland, and is also known as Ireland’s cultural capital. It’s situated in the unique landscape and cultural frame of the west of Ireland.
While all instruction is officially in English, NUI Galway maintains a strong commitment to Irish language which is spoken both on campus and in the surrounding area. The city is home to numerous cultural amenities and a lively sense of history and culture.
Campus life features 160 clubs and societies, sporting facilities (including a swimming pool), and an active Students’ Union, which hosts a full calendar of events.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses.
Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The picturesque campus is a mere 10-15 minute walk or ride from the center of Galway. Considered a university city, Galway provides an excellent backdrop for your study abroad experience. With its bookstores, pubs, shops, cafes, and restaurants Galway offers a treasure trove of history and culture. Arcadia guarantees housing and makes these arrangements for you. In Galway, you will live in student flats with other American and Irish students. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 3.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...