API students at the University of Limerick (UL) take classes alongside Irish students in the following disciplines: business, education, engineering, humanities, informatics and electronics, Irish studies and science.
- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- API students at the University of Limerick (UL) have access to all four faculties on the UL campus for undergraduate and graduate studies. Courses are taught mainly by Irish instructors. Course choices are selected from the following disciplines: business, education, engineering, humanities, informatics and electronics, Irish studies and science. In all colleges/faculties, entrance to specific courses is subject to the approval of UL and completion of required prerequisites. VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES Additional volunteer opportunities and recognition are available through the University of Limerick’s President’s Volunteer Award project. Contact the API office for more information. RUGBY PROGRAM Limerick is the home of Irish rugby and is without doubt one of the premier destinations in the world for any student wishing to develop as a rugby player. API students at the University of Limerick, for an additional fee, may participate in this unique and exciting Rugby program option and become an active member of the UL Bohemian RFC. The rugby option is open to students of all abilities, both male and female. Rugby program participants will receive the following benefits: Recreational playing membership for UL Bohemian RFC and a complementary UL Bohemian playing kit Tickets to two Munster Heineken Cup matches and one Ireland international match Established rugby players may also have an opportunity to play Irish inter varsity rugby with the UL men’s or women’s teams, while elite players have additional opportunities in the UL Bohemian Rugby Academy. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Limerick City is located in County Limerick and is the capital of the Shannon region. The city was founded by the Vikings in the 10th century, making it the oldest chartered city in Ireland. Cultural opportunities abound in music, art, history and dining. Students of music can find the Irish World Music Centre housed at the University of Limerick. Art and history students can explore King John’s Castle and the internationally important Hunt Museum. Limerick is also known as “Sports City,” with excellent sports facilities and plenty of opportunities to participate in and watch Irish sporting events. Located two and a half hours west of Dublin, Limerick is well-situated for exploring other parts of the country. The beautiful west coast of the country, Mountshannon, the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher are all easily accessible.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.9 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program