- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Discover Ireland this summer!
Spend four to eight weeks exploring Dublin, a diverse and multicultural European capital with a small-town feel and tremendous charm. History, arts, sports, and personal discovery abound along its picturesque streets and in its many green and scenic spaces.
While Americans have a sense of Ireland in their minds from heritage or media, the real Ireland is modern, warm, friendly, and inviting. The city itself is a treasure, but it also serves as a jumping-off point to the rest of Ireland, with its distinct regional identities, vast and proud history, sacred sites and archaeological riches, and varied, breathtaking natural landscapes.
The Arcadia in Dublin Summer program capitalizes on Ireland’s position in the contemporary frame, along with its rich landscape, history, heritage and culture. The program consists of one, three-credit course per session. Taught by expert faculty and incorporating co-curricular elements, current offerings are:
- Modern Irish Literature – You’ll get to explore the works of major Irish writers, and visit historic sites.
- Entrepreneurship in Practice – You’ll develop your own business idea in a country that has become a model for entrepreneurship in the global marketplace, along with visiting an innovation center.
- Irish History and Politics – You’ll delve into the defining political and historical events of 20th century Ireland and visit historic sites.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Dublin, a city whose median population is under the age of 30, is a mecca for students and young adults. You'll never be at a loss for things to do in Dublin. Arcadia guarantees your housing and takes care of these arrangements for you. In Dublin, you may choose to live in apartment style flats with other American students or in with an Irish family. Arcadia staff in our Dublin Center, will ensure you find your feet and make the most of this exciting opportunity, seeing famous sites, meeting the locals and learning about the unique hospitality and culture that you can only find in Ireland. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- GPA: 2.5 on a 4.0 scale recommended 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program