- Cork, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Spend your gap year on the Emerald Isle! API students in Dublin will attend the University College Dublin (UCD), while students in Cork will attend the University College Cork (UCC). All students will have the opportunity to study a wide array of college-level courses within an immersive environment, earning college credit in the process. Throughout the semester, students will also be able to participate in cultural activities and excursions, which will provide greater insight into the Irish way of life.
Gap students in Dublin are also offered a unique opportunity to participate in a customized, professional internship abroad. This 8-Week Fixed Date Internship is a full time internship with a local company or organization, with an option for college credit. This program is great for students who are looking to gain work experience or exploring a new career option for the future.
- Setting Description:
- It is said that Ireland, once visited, is never forgotten. The Irish landscape has a mythic resonance, the country’s history is almost tangible, and its people seem put on earth expressly to restore faith in humanity. In terms of Ireland’s landscape, the gentle rainfall, called “soft weather” by the locals, really does create 40 shades of green and quite a few rainbows as well. Ancient moss-covered ring forts crouch in lush valleys, while stone-strewn monastic ruins and lone castle turrets brave the wind on nearby hilltops. Many come to Ireland with high expectations of its romantic scenery, a blend of the raw and rugged with mist-covered verdancy, and seldom return home disillusioned.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. Study option open to high school graduates ages 17 and up. Internship option open to high school graduates ages 18 and up.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program