- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Your summer in Barcelona translates to sparkling beaches, Spanish-language immersion, and a university with a strong international reputation. On the Summer in Barcelona – Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB) program, you’ll earn six credits in six weeks while living in one of Europe’s most lively, playful cities. Dive into your coursework and then dive into the city around you. Just a few ideas: practice your Spanish as you stroll down the tree-lined La Rambla, take a cooking class to perfect those delicious tapas, and lose an afternoon (or many) to Gaudi’s whimsical architecture. Six weeks will fly by in this entrancing city on the Mediterranean.
- Setting Description:
- Your summer in Barcelona is sure to be one of the best of your life. Barcelona is known for providing an incredible setting for both tourists and international students looking to study abroad! The city’s amazing Mediterranean location near the border of France gives it a mild climate year-round, and it has easy access to beaches all along its coast. Barcelona is the second-largest city in Spain, and offers endless opportunities to experience the city’s unique mixture of Spanish and Catalan culture. It’s the perfect place to practice your Spanish language skills! Barcelona’s efficient transportation system makes it easy to get to beautiful beaches both north and south of the city, and it also makes it easy to get to and from campus to your housing or to the city’s many attractions. The city will strike you immediately with its distinctively Catalan flair, diverse international population, passionate sports culture, colorful atmosphere, and vibrant nightlife. You’ll never want to leave
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Best Experience of my Life!10/11/17
I knew that I would love Barcelona, I Just didn't know how much, and my expectations were BEYOND exceeded with the help of CISabroad. From the beginning, applying and preparing to go abroad all of the staff were extremely helpful in answering questions
and making me feel prepared. Once I got there, it was super easy to find them at the airport and they delivered me to my apartment door, literally a 1 minute walk from Las Ramblas and the Christopher Columbus statue. Their orientations and welcome activities on site helped me get my bearings and make friends immediately. The classes and teachers were wonderful. There were many cultural activities to help immerse us in the culture from hikes, city tours and my favorite a cooking class. I'm not a super emotional person, but my roommates and I cried when it was time to leave and I cannot wait to go back. None of this would have been possible without CISabroad (and I'm actually planning to study abroad through them again, seriously that great).read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend