- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Summer study in the west of Ireland
Spend your summer at a vibrant, community-rich, renowned University in the scenic west of Ireland, earning credits and getting to know this fascinating land and its people.
The University of Limerick Summer School offers an array of courses from which to choose. Your program is based at one of the friendliest, most popular, and well-connected universities in Ireland, with strong ties to community and a friendly, welcoming campus vibe.
You’ll enroll in one, three-credit course for the three-week session. There are three, guided field study excursions built into this program, included along with other cultural and program events.
Available subject areas are: Education and Health Science; Business Studies; Law; and IrishStudies. There are a number of course options within each area, ranging from Creative Writing to Game of Thrones to Physical Education to International Financial Markets to Terrorism, Crime, and Justice.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- With a little more than 90,000 inhabitants, Limerick is the Republic of Ireland's third-largest city. It is situated in County Limerick in Ireland's midwest, and the city derives much of its historical importance and its contemporary character from its location on the River Shannon. Summer program participants will be housed in Dromroe Village, which consists of student flats with shared living areas and kitchens where you can prepare your own meals. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...