- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A modern, vibrant university in the west of Ireland
University of Limerick is a modern, vibrant university of 16,000 students, established in 1972. Located in the west of Ireland, it’s host to many of County Limerick’s cultural events (with the first purpose-built University concert hall in Ireland). UL is very popular with international students, with over 3,000 international students from 100 countries, who enjoy easy access to both the city and the surrounding beautiful countryside. It’s also close to Shannon Airport, making it easy to travel further afield.
A lively student body, world-class sporting facilities and a warm campus atmosphere, with students housed in seven student villages, along with over 80 clubs and societies (voted #1 in the UK and Ireland for its Students Union and #1 in Ireland for its clubs and societies), ensure that you’ll make friends and have plenty of fun activities waiting for you.
The University boasts strengths in the sciences, business, technology, and engineering, and fosters numerous international research partnerships, along with close ties to industry sectors in many different research areas. It is one of the leading Irish universities for business, with an AACSB accredited business school, and collaborates with the nearby National Technology Park which houses over 80 organizations.
UL offers a wide range of subjects, including many interdisciplinary course choices, strong STEM offerings, and popular sport and exercise science options. Best of all, you can cross-register across departments, creating a bespoke courseload that meets your needs and interests.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses.
Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Situated only three miles from the bustling center of Limerick, the campus gives you easy access to the city's vibrant mix of historical and cultural attractions, as well as to the magnificently scenic landscapes of the surrounding countryside. Arcadia program students are housed in one of three housing villages, all within a short walking distance (5-10 minutes) of the campus and facilities. The integrated living and learning experience at Limerick provides a wonderful opportunity to get to know Irish and other international students. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.9 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program