- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
World class academics in a vibrant, friendly city
Established in 1451, University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world, and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. Contemporary University of Glasgow hosts 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 140 countries, and is located in a green campus setting in the West End of Glasgow, a trendy and vibrant area of the city.
World-class academics characterize this institution, which is a member of the prestigious Russell Group. Among many notable alumni are the father of economics, Adam Smith; former First Minister of Scotland, Donald Dewar; and mathematical physicist and engineer Lord Kelvin.
With a strong focus on research, and particular strengths in STEM subjects and humanities, Glasgow is also home to the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery, one of the world’s leading university museums. The Business School at the University of Glasgow is accredited by AACSB.
Special academic opportunities include law courses which are designed specifically for North American students majoring in pre-law; a course entitled “Exploring Scottish Culture,” which contextualizes the study abroad experience in Scotland; the opportunity to take introductory art courses in partnership with Glasgow School of Art; and a comprehensive array of STEM courses for pre-med majors.
Glasgow is considered to be one of the world’s friendliest and most affordable cities, and the West End of Glasgow is filled with cafes, bars, boutiques and cultural attractions, ensuring that you’ll always have something fun to explore. Ninety local parks and gardens make this a walkable and green place. Vintage shopping, street art, and nightlife all contribute to the cosmopolitan vibe. The Student Representatives’ Council (SRC) supports over 300 clubs and societies you can join. From baking to archaeology to engineering, and everything in between, there is something for everyone.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- With approximately 17,000 students, the University of Glasgow consistently ranks among the UK's top universities. With its impressive stone buildings and green campus setting in the posh West End of Glasgow, this leading university offers a world-class academic program in a city that is trendy, vibrant and energetic. The Arcadia Center for Education Abroad, in conjunction with the University of Glasgow, guarantees you accommodation in one of the halls of residence. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA recommended 2.8 GPA for consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...