- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Scotland has seen many centuries of high quality learning and is recognized as being one of the most inventive nations on Earth. Scottish breakthroughs include the first-ever cloned mammal (Dolly the sheep) to the telephone, television and penicillin. So if you want to learn in the home of some of the most inspiring and enquiring minds, then Scotland is the place for you. Scotland is friendly and safe and combines a strong sense of its own identity with a multicultural community spirit. Dotted amongst spectacular landscape are lively cosmopolitan cities with a vivid and varied arts, sports and social scene. API offers programs in two culturally and historically rich Scottish cities – Edinburgh and Stirling. Edinburgh serves as Scotland’s contemporary capital, and is home to a thriving arts and culture scene. Stirling is an ancient capital of Scotland, and offers students the opportunity to live in a true university town, mid-way between the major centers of Glasgow and Edinburgh. A wide variety of courses are available to students during the semester, summer, and year. Experience all that these cities have to offer and study abroad in Scotland with API!
API students in Edinburgh are offered the chance to enroll with Scottish and other international students at the University of Edinburgh, one of the world's top 20 universities, based in one of the world's most desirable cities. This specialized Parliamentary Program allows students to take coursework designed to provide participants with an initial grounding in British and Scottish politics, society and culture in addition to an internship within Scottish Parliament! Students are placed with a MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament), completing a research project to aid that member's work. The University of Edinburgh is considered one of the world's top universities (17th overall according to QS World University Rankings). Some of the university's most famous alumni include Arthur Conan Doyle, Charles Darwin, Gordon Brown, Peter Higgs, and Winston Churchill! This program is highly competitive so it is recommended that students apply early!
- Setting Description:
- The dramatic and romantic appeal of Edinburgh is endless, set atop its volcanic crags with medieval cobble-stoned streets, a majestic castle and a skyline of turrets, domes and spires. It is easy to see where the inspiration for Harry Potter came from! The elegant Georgian facades of the New Town are a contrast to the winding, twisting alleys and hidden courtyards of the medieval Old Town. Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city, is not just a historic city, it is also forward looking, seat of the Scottish Parliament and boasting a vibrant cultural scene of live music, performing arts, galleries and museums and plenty of buzz. It is a great place for students, who make up 20% of the population and is home to one of the largest arts festivals in the world. Overlooked by the extinct volcano of Arthur’s Seat, sitting in the open parkland of Holyrood Park, Edinburgh is one of the greenest cities in the UK.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *3.0 G.P.A. *Open to juniors & seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program