- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Learn about archaeology in the field this summer!
This is an exclusive six-week opportunity to be part of the excavation of the newly discovered ruins of a Roman villa in Castiglione del Lago on the shores of Lake Trasimeno between Umbria and Tuscany. Sponsored by ISI Perugia - The Umbra Institute, this hands-on program uncovers fascinating history and allows you to participate both in the fieldwork and in co-curricular components that enhance and enrich your program experience.
Your coursework consists of two modules, one theoretical and one practical. You’ll leave the program understanding the basis for archaeological research, as well as having gained significant fieldwork experience. Both program components will contribute to your understanding of the history and culture of central Italy.
Castiglione del Lago is a medieval town located along the southwestern shores of Lake Trasimeno. The town is a member of the prestigious I Borghi più Belli d’Italia Association (The Most Beautiful Villages in Italy). You’ll be connected to the community by working with a local archaeological association, and will help the municipality of the town to catalog findings and establish a new archaeological museum.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Amalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Nestled between colorful cafes, restaurants, museums, and art galleries in the historical center, the Umbra Institute houses a library, computer facilities, art studios, student lounge, and multimedia classrooms. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.75 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...