Students who choose to study abroad in Rome with API at LdM during the summer term may take 1 or 2 courses for 3-6 credits per four-week term. Courses are available in including art, art history, and Italian language, and sciences.
- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- ACADEMIC PROGRAM API students at the Scuola Lorenzo de’ Medici (LdM) – Rome may participate in 1 of 3 different academic programs: SUPER-INTENSIVE ITALIAN PROGRAM 6 CREDIT HOURS PER SUMMER SESSION (ALL CREDITS IN LANGUAGE; NO ELECTIVES ALLOWED) This program is designed for students wishing to advance language skills in a short period. All courses are language-focused; no non-language electives are offered or allowed. ONE ELECTIVE PROGRAM 3 CREDIT HOURS PER SUMMER SESSION Students may choose any one course from the course offerings. TWO ELECTIVE PROGRAM 6 CREDIT HOURS PER SUMMER SESSION Students may choose any two courses from the course offerings. ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION Program selection must be made at the time of application and cannot be changed on-site. Most courses are taught in English. The program fee depends on whether a student elects to take 3 or 6 semester credits. Students complete one to two courses and receive 3-6 credit hours per semester session, generally 3 credits per course. Students may take additional courses for credit for an additional fee per course. Courses are available at lower- and upper-division levels. In general, 100 level courses are elementary, 200–300 level courses are intermediate, and 400 level courses are advanced. Students who choose Intermediate level Italian or higher complete a placement exam upon arrival to verify their level of proficiency. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- The capital of Italy, Rome has always been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. The glorious history of the eternal city can be seen in the form of artwork, exquisite monuments, museums, churches and architecture. One of the grandest sites in Rome is the great Colosseum, which remains an architectural feat in the eyes of modern engineers and has recently been named one of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World.” The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica of St. Peter are ever-present reminders of the Catholic Church’s historical and religious influence. Rome is also full of picturesque piazzas and famous fountains. Here, Romans and visitors alike can step out of the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a café. For those looking to study in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.80 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program