- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
From the days of the Roman Empire to modern times, Rome has been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. To visit Italy's eternal city is to step into a portal to a fascinating history that can be seen from the streets you walk on to the buildings you enter. For those looking to study in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
API students have two choices for study abroad in Rome:
Founded in 1972, John Cabot University is an independent, four-year, U.S.-accredited liberal arts university located in Rome. Centrally located in the quaint Trastevere neighborhood, JCU is a only short walk away from the Tiber River and many of Rome’s most historic sites. The school is named after the Italian navigator, Giovanni Caboto, or John Cabot, whose exploration helped to open relations between Italy, England, and North America.
Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) has been welcoming students at its Florence campus for over 30 years and has expanded its expertise and curriculum into Rome. The newly renovated and redesigned LdM Rome facilities are conveniently located in the historic center of Rome and many of Rome’s most famous sites such as the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps are within walking distance. LdM Rome's smaller classroom setting provides students with a more intimate learning environment, and classes are available in liberal arts, studio arts, Italian language, and social sciences. STEM Students have the option to apply to the LDM Rome STEM program, offered in collaboration with Roma Tre University. Students interested in applying to this program are encouraged to visit the STEM Program page!
- Setting Description:
- The glorious history of Rome can be seen in the form of artwork, exquisite monuments, museums, churches and architecture. One of the grandest sites in Rome is the great Colosseum, which remains an architectural feat in the eyes of modern engineers and has recently been named one of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World.” The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica of St. Peter are ever-present reminders of the Catholic Church’s historical and religious influence. Rome is also full of picturesque piazzas and famous fountains. Here, Romans and visitors alike can step out of the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a café.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Please see API website
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program