- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Significant summer research with an Engineering focus
Concentrate your focus on your studies in engineering this summer while creating your own research in your chosen field! Earn six credits over six weeks as you stay on track for graduation, undertaking significant research.
You’ll work under the guidance of researchers at one of Ireland’s leading engineering schools: University of Limerick. The University is home to the innovative Bernal Institute, focusing on such areas as Advanced Materials, Manufacturing and Process Engineering, and Fluid Dynamics.
This School is research-driven, with state-of-art facilities. It’s staffed by professionals with expertise in translating their knowledge into solutions for both academic and industrial applications.
The School is also affiliated with the Irish Centre for Composites (ICOMP); Centre for Applied Biomedical Engineering Research (CABER); Automation Research Centre (ARC); and Enterprise Engineering Research Group.
Your program is based at one of the friendliest, most popular, and well-connected universities in Ireland, with strong ties to community and a friendly, welcoming campus vibe.
Projects are available in the following areas: Computer and Software Engineering; Biomedical Engineering; Aerospace and Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Engineering Education/Psychology;Science Education; Material Science and Engineering; Civil and Materials Engineering Chemical Engineering.
Additional Program Highlights:
- Program is highly individualized, with limited enrollment.
- You’ll complete a brief Literature Review in consultation with your research supervisor prior to departure for the program.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses.
Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The Arcadia Dublin Center is the hub for Arcadia student support throughout the island of Ireland. We are located in the heart of Dublin in a cultural quarter known as Temple Bar, which is bustling with activity in the arts, education and music scenes and just a short walk from Trinity College, St Stephen’s Green, museums and a multitude of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues.
- See website for details. Scholarships available.
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...