- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Spend your summer interning in the magnificent historical and cultural sites of Edinburgh, Scotland. Internships are available in heritage sites such as museums, spectacular historic houses and archaeological units primarily in and around Edinburgh. Past placements have included; National institution dedicated to the history, people and culture of Scotland. Institution dedicated to the preservation of historical artifacts and monuments. Hopetun House, a historic house outside Edinburgh.
Four weeks of courses to put your heritage internship into an academic context. Courses will be selected from Arcadia's Scottish History, as well as an Arcadia University course on heritage management. Four internship placement (that follows your four weeks of coursework) in a heritage related sector that our experienced intern coordinator will find to fit your own academic and professional objectives. You can expect to participate in significant projects that require resourcefulness, responsibility, and a mature work ethic.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Edinburgh is lively and cosmopolitan. Considered to be one of Europe's most beautiful cities, you'll find attractive public parks intermingled with magnificent historic architecture and world-class cultural attractions. Scattered throughout the city are jutting craggy rocks on one of which sits the ancient Edinburgh castle. The rugged natural beauty and the more manicured city-center gardens combine with the urban sophistication of its clubs, pubs and restaurants to make Edinburgh a truly unforgettable city. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program