- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
An exclusive opportunity
An exclusive opportunity to work with a member of Irish Parliament and get first hand experience in the world of Irish and European politics. This is a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and is part of a longstanding partnership between Arcadia and the Institute of Public Administration, a recognized college of University College Dublin focused on civil and public sector development. This program is the only one of its kind which allows American undergraduates to intern in both houses of the Irish Parliament.
The placement requires two to three full days per week conducting surveys, researching and reporting on issues and preparing press briefs. Additionally, you will enroll in an internship reflection course and three Irish culture courses.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Belfast Weekend
- Giant's Causeway
- Cliffs of Moher
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Game of Thrones set locations
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- IPA is located in an attractive, tree-lined suburb of Dublin within easy reach of the Parliament and city center. Students enrolled in the Dublin Parliamentary Internship are housed in fully furnished flats in Dublin or with Irish host families. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...