- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
Whether you're in your first year of university or in a gap year, that shouldn't stop you from studying abroad!
Take advantage of your chance to live and learn in one of the most beautiful and liveable cities in the world—Sydney! Enjoy Sydney’s comfortable climate (warm summers and mild winters), 100+ beaches (think: Bondi, Manly, and Coogee), and iconic spots around the city (the Rocks, Harbour Bridge, and the Royal Botanical Gardens).
The University of Sydney was founded in 1850, is Australia’s first university and one of the original members of the prestigious Sandstones (similar to the United States’ Ivy League). The energetic, diverse campus sits on the edge of the hustle and bustle of daily city life, close to the incredible natural beauty of Australia’s varied landscape and has a wealth of cultural and social opportunities.
Join us and find out why we’re Australia’s favourite option!
- Quality education – ranked 2nd in Australia and 38th in world (QS World University Rankings 2022)
- Ideal campus - located close to city centre and beaches in the 5th safest city in the world (Safe Cities Index 2019)
- Flexible academic offerings - Choose from over 170 subjects spanning 16 Faculties and Schools, including Arts, Social Sciences, Business, Education, Music, Engineering & IT, and Science
- Thriving campus culture – 250+ clubs and societies, MATES mentor program to meet other Aussies, social activities and ongoing guidance from you're own USYD adviser
- Care and guidance throughout entire program from your own USYD adviser
- Setting Description:
- Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through our Sydney Abroad program. Some come for our academic reputation and our wide range of courses, while others wish to experience our vibrant student life bolstered by our guaranteed housing and unique Internship Program. Whatever the reason, join us and find out why we're Australia's favourite option! We sit in the top 0.2 percent of universities worldwide, ensuring that Australian innovation and research is recognised on the international stage. Ranked 38th in the world in the 2022 QS World University Rankings and consistently within the top three in Australia, the University of Sydney is one of the country’s leading research-intensive universities and oldest member of the prestigious Group of Eight.
- TUITION FEES $9075 AUD for 3 units of study (2022 rates) $12,300 AUD for 4 units of study (2022 rates). Waived for Exchange students. OTHER FEES Mandatory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): $330AUD for 6 months, $609AUD for 12 months (2021 rates)
Additional Program Information
- To be eligible for the exchange program, students must have: - A high school (secondary school) qualification but no host University OR students in the first year of university who are yet to complete any tertiary-level study - English language proficiency that meets minimum requirements noted in the Study Abroad and Exchange tab of the University of Sydney English language requirements webpage