- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Learn or improve your Italian in romantic Florence, center of the Italian Renaissance. Enjoy fresh, hearty Tuscan cuisine, admire masterpieces in world-famous art museums, and immerse yourself in Italian culture through courses, excursions, and an internship.
Take classes in art, art history, business, Italian language, history, sociology, psychology, photography and retail design. Students attend class in the Oltrarno neighborhood, on the south side of the Arno river, in the Piazza Santo Spirito, which is home to one of Florence’s best-known basilicas—Santa Maria del Santo Spirito. This neighborhood is within easy walking distance of major monuments and museums. The area around Piazza Santo Spirito is still very much inhabited by Florentines and full of artisans, artists, galleries, trattorie, and antique shops, which provide a unique atmosphere. Join sport teams, take part in a language exchange, volunteer, or take part in student groups.
Choose to live with a host family to experience true Florentine life or in an apartment with other study abroad students. Participate in a five-day study tour to Sicily, which includes intensive language study, historical tours, guest lectures, and a visit to Mount Etna.
- Setting Description:
- Experience Italian life and culture, past and present, in the beautiful and lively city of Florence. Famous for its Renaissance legacy, Florence is a thriving city with a fascinating mix of historic and contemporary culture. Buses, taxis and mopeds drive within feet of the Duomo, Florence's magnificent cathedral; chic shops and elegant restaurants line the charming avenues; historic piazzas, ringed with outdoor cafes, host performance artists and flea markets. Enjoy the region's mild climate and world-famous cuisine in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA; sophomores and above; no language prerequisite; American degree-seeking students
- Scholarships Description:
- The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program