- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
A unique, concentrated approach to acting which will cover, in detail, 10 weeks of the Sanford Meisner Technique, as well as augmented lessons developed by Kathryn Gately and Richard Poole, which will bring this work into the 21st century.
The lessons are clear, sequential, specific, and imaginative. In-depth development in observation, rich responsiveness, and vivid objectives will deal with the specific uniqueness of human behaviour.
The classes include exercises and scene work to:
- Develop effortless, spontaneous responsiveness to others
- Discover how to use oneself simply and truthfully, poetically and expansively
- Explore specific actions in the theatrical world of the dramatic imagination
- Create behavioural connectedness in relationships and to life-altering circumstances
In this workshop, the students will work 8 hours each day with evening rehearsals, 6 days per week. The class work require discipline and the motivation to excel in one’s own artistic development. In addition, training in movement, voice, on-camera technique, dramatic imagination, and action/verbs will be included.
By the end of the program, the students will have completed an extraordinary journey. They will have integrated and mastered some essential skills necessary to build a solid foundation in Acting.
Through visceral access to the imaginary world, students will become more specific with their choices and implementation of their actions, objectives, and justifications. Through sensorial immersion into the imaginary world, they will become more emotionally connected and expressive. Through vivid connections to the imaginary world, they will become more fluid and responsive to their interactions with other actors on stage. Their physical and vocal technique will support and enhance their work in performance. They will be a more confident and self-assured artist and will be prepared to move into a more advanced training context.
- Setting Description:
- This course is taught on our parkland campus in specialist rehearsal and performance spaces and theatres.
- 1250 GBP. Course runs from Mon 10th to Sun 23rd July 2017. Classes take place 9.00 to 6.00 every day (and some evenings). All teaching will be led by Rick Poole and Kathryn Gately. Fee includes classes and training, meal plans and wifi access. On campus housing available for an additional fee
Additional Program Information
- Applications are welcome from those aged 18+. Candidates should actively enjoy all aspects of practical drama work, be motivated, enthusiastic and prepared to devote time to the study of texts and rehearsal.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program