- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The University of the Arts London is a collegiate university comprising 6 internationally renowned colleges of art, design, communications, fashion and the performing arts, and as such is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located in London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community. The University’s 1,228 teaching staff; as active professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics, and theorists, lead the way on creative and experimental practice alongside historical and theoretical analysis. The combination of a varied student group, cutting-edge research, and highly-experienced staff creates a unique, multifaceted learning experience for students at the University.
Summer students earn 90 contact hours per summer term. API recommends that students obtain pre-approval from their home university for courses and credits that they plan to take abroad.
Students receive an official transcript from the University of the Arts London upon completion of the program. Students are assessed on the basis of project work, preparatory materials, the log and written assignments.
- Setting Description:
- London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums. Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Freshmen may be admitted as long as they have some background in the subject to which they are applying *CSM summer courses - generally for students who have one year's experience in the subject of choice
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student. API also offers unique UAL scholarships - reach out to us for more info!
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program