Le Centre Madeleine, the headquarters of the Middlebury School in France, is located in the 8th arrondissement, close to the Place de la Concorde and the Champs-Elysées. Students enroll in courses across several disciplines at both the Centre Madeleine a
- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering, Journalism, Psychology, Religion, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Intended for students with 5 semesters of college-level French, the School in France provides students with the opportunity to increase their language abilities through constant interaction with native speakers. Whether spending time with local students in their classes, their colleagues at an internship placement, or in their homestays or student foyers, students use their language in a very real immersion environment.
Le Centre Madeleine, the headquarters of the Middlebury School in France, is located in the 8th arrondissement, close to the Place de la Concorde and the Champs-Elysées. Students enroll in courses across several disciplines at both the Centre Madeleine and in one of several partner institutions: Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris 3, Université Paris Diderot- Paris 7, or Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po). Special arrangements can be made for qualified undergraduate students to take courses at one of the following institutions: Ecole Spéciale d'Architecture (ESA) (for Architecture majors only), Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris Alfred Cortot (ENM) (for Music majors only), Schola Cantorum, Ecole des Psychologues Praticiens (EPP) (for Psychology majors only), Institut Catholique de Paris (for Religion majors only), Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS),
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- La "Ville Lumière", Paris is home to countless museums, cafés, and medieval streets that wind around contemporary architecture. A city à decouvrir, Paris is an invitation to experience all the world's cultures while maintaining a proud and distinctly French feeling.
- Semester Tuition: $13,800. Year Tuition: $27,600
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program