- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Semester in Rome is housed at the American University of Rome, whose innovative academic program gives you several curricular options. The University’s faculty of experts from American, Italian, and European universities are all dynamic professors who will engage you and challenge you to make your time abroad an intellectual as well as cultural experience. Classes are frequently on-site, an unparalleled opportunity in a city like Rome. Imagine taking in an archeology lecture amidst ancient ruins in the Roman Forum, or studying art history while gazing at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. And the University connections with The Vatican, the Italian Parliament, and other institutions guarantee a close look at Italian life. If you've ever wanted to study abroad in Italy, check out our Semester in Rome program! Here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique: Small class sizes guarantee individual academic attention - study Italian in Rome, what better place to learn? Courses are varied, site-oriented, and taught by highly qualified faculty An epic city with world-famous food, cafés, and nightlife A beautiful Mediterranean climate with comfortable weather Vast caches of impressive art, sculpture, and treasures World-renowned architecture, museums, and historical sites National passion for soccer (called calcio in Italian), food and drink, art, cinema, and architecture Student excursions, activities, and social opportunities A central location for travel throughout Europe Vivi all'italiana! Live like an Italian! The CISabroad Site Director, a native Roman, will take you on excursions and activities to introduce you to life as a Roman. Examples of activities include: Open air market experience Day trip to Roman Castles area Olive and Grape picking (Fall only) Kayaking or hiking by Castel Gandolfo lake Aperitivo in the Italian-style
- Setting Description:
- Rome is a tourist destination for people around the world, and it’s no wonder why. The city’s unparalleled glimpse into the past is a sight to behold! It offers countless historical, cultural, artistic, and even modern attractions to keep you busy during your semester. Italy’s capital is home to around 2.7 million people. The mild, Mediterranean climate makes it a great place to live year-round. From the Vatican to the Coliseum to the countless fountains, statues, and ruins, Rome offers something for anyone with an interest in history! Another of Rome’s main attractions is the food- Italy is known for its incredible cuisine that will leave you wanting more. You won’t want to leave this incredible city by the end of your study abroad program!
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Hands down, best time of my life!01/13/15
I studied in Rome, Italy for the Fall 2014 semester and loved every single minute of it. I applied back in February and did so in order to find out my admission decision and get the ball rolling quickly. I heard nothing back for a month before I contacted
them myself to figure out what was going on. I was told that the transcript I sent them was no good since it was faxed. I was getting really concerned with my decision to study through CISabroad since I heard nothing about the transcript problem in the month between the time I sent it and when I asked what was going on. All communication on the US side was through my doing and politeness was a bit of a problem but I clung to the fact that my school had a partnership with them and therefore, they HAD to have redeeming factors. There were a few more hiccups in the preparation process (added housing deposits that weren't mentioned before, missed discounts in my billing, paperwork that was said to be missing but was never requested, etc) but I am IMMENSELY thankful that I studied through CISabroad! A few headaches while preparing were proved to be worth it when I spent 3 and a half magical months in the Eternal City! The site director, Romina, was a dream! I had a bit of culture shock, roommate issues (due to lack of personality screening done by Student Life at the university) and overall homesickness that Romina helped me with step-by-step. I had a health issue halfway through the semester that the included health insurance covered; Jade (an associate with Rome SAE - the CIS partner in Rome) went to the hospital with me and helped me through that situation. The American University of Rome is an AMAZING little university in a great part of Rome - the top patio of the school provides a beautiful view of the city. I was challenged academically and personally more than I ever had been before and I grew exponentially during my semester abroad. Romina and others on-site were more help than I can explain and provided a great support system while I was there - they were concerned for my safety while I was both in Rome and while I was traveling during the weekend (I had the opportunity to travel all throughout Italy and visit 9 other countries!). They wanted my travel itineraries and checked up to see if I made it back to Italy safely - Jade was like a really close friend. I became really close friends with full-time students at AUR and after talking about the price with them, I came to the realization that I really DID make the right choice by going abroad with CIS. What I paid covered health insurance, housing, advising and support both in America and abroad, and study at a truly great school (AUR will not give you a "blow off" semester - it's academically rigorous but you will still have the time of your life). Overall, I would 100% study or intern abroad with CISabroad again!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend