- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spanish for Health Professionals in Costa Rica is ideal for students in the health sciences looking to widen their career options. Universidad Veritas offers health courses taught in English and a Spanish-language course focused on health-related vocabulary so you can learn to interact with Spanish-speaking patients. In your free time, explore nearby volcanoes, go zip-lining in the rain forest, and get to know Costa Rican culture while sipping some of the best coffee in the world with classmates at a local café! Spend five weeks of your summer studying Spanish (at any level) and health care in a unique and hands-on learning environment. Live with a local family and explore the markets, restaurants, and salsa clubs of San José.
- Setting Description:
- Costa Rica has an inviting warm climate year-round, which makes coming at any time during the year perfect. It’s been labeled as one of the most environmentally friendly, happiest countries in the world by several international surveys! The country is bordered by both the Pacific and the Atlantic Ocean, making it a beach-lover’s paradise. Costa Rica’s incredible biodiversity is also protected by many national parks, so you can view unspoiled rainforests, rivers, and volcanoes. There’s also plenty of opportunity for adventures here! Whitewater rafting, hiking, and zip-lining are all common activities. You could even have the chance to see howler monkeys up close and personal, or watch a leatherback turtle lay eggs on the beach! The Costa Ricans you meet in San José are known for being friendly and laid-back, and will help make your cultural immersion easier. While living in San José, you can look forward to visiting the National Theater, many busy markets, delicious local restaurants
- For current prices and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Summer in Costa Rica03/16/17
I spent four weeks (May-June) in Costa Rica the summer of 2016, doing an intensive Spanish program with CISabroad. The experience was absolutely amazing. CIS staff helped a ton with the application and travel planning process--which was nice because my
home university's study abroad office was completely incompetent--the onsite support was great, and I loved my small class and professor. More than that, I really loved the host family I was placed with, which was important to me because that's where I practiced my Spanish the most. The excursions were the highlight of my trip, and the fact that CIS organized them and helped me pick which ones were the most interesting for me was really helpful, and made adventuring in other parts of Costa Rica way easier and less stressful than it would have been had I had to plan these trips myself. Costa Rica is a beautiful, incredible place, and CIS will help you get the most out of your study abroad experience. While there are always areas in which an organization can improve, I'd recommend CISabroad to a friend and use them for another study abroad experience without hesitation.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend