- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Come explore San José with the bright urban center of a country filled with beautiful nature, kind people, and authentic cultural experiences!
Students who choose to study abroad in San José through API’s Multidisciplinary and Environmental Studies summer program at the Universidad Veritas have the option to focus on improving their Spanish skills, complete elective courses in English or Spanish, or both!
TRACK 1 OPTION: Students selecting the Track 1 option will complete one course during a summer session. This course can be an intensive Spanish language course (80 contact hours) or an elective course (45 or 60 contact hours) in English or Spanish. Students selecting Track 1 for the combined session of Summer 1 & 2 may complete a maximum of two courses during their 11-week stay.
TRACK 2 OPTION: Students selecting the Track 2 option will complete two courses during a summer session. Students can elect to complete an intensive Spanish language course in combination with an elective course in Spanish or English or complete two elective courses. Students who select Track 2 for the combined session of Summer 1 & 2 may complete a maximum of four courses during their 11-week stay
- Setting Description:
- Located in the central valley of Costa Rica, San José is a vibrant urban center in the heart of a serene and beautiful nation. Three volcanoes surround the city, and quaint villages, farms and coffee plantations dot the hillsides. Though the metropolitan area is home to 36% of the nation’s population, one can easily explore the smaller central area of the city and discover its neighborhood markets and local restaurants. Cultural opportunities including theater, music, cinema and dance are also abundant in San José. Visit the Museo Nacional; the Museo de Oro Precolombino, with its sparkling collection of pre-Columbian gold; or the Museo de Jade, which boasts the world’s largest collection of jade.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.6 G.P.A. Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.