- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A leader in research and innovation
A vibrant leader in research and innovation, University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is ranked the #1 young university in Australia, with origins that date back to the nineteenth century.
Located on a purpose-built campus in downtown Sydney, UTS’ population of 46,000 diverse and international students (from 120 countries) study in nine faculties and enjoy state-of-the art facilities, thoughtful group work areas, and study/lounge areas all around campus that look like mini living rooms.
A commitment to fostering the use of cutting-edge technology, a practice-based approach, and an institutional value around hands-on experience, along with considerable links to industry, make this university a perfect choice for future journalists, designers, and entrepreneurs. The campus also features proximity to Sydney’s media district and an AACSB-accredited Business School. This program is a real resume-booster, offering practical, real-world experiences.
Academics are characterized by a multidisciplinary approach, particularly in the Social Sciences, and many lecturers are leaders in their areas of expertise who are also engaged in professional practice.
Special Academic Opportunity: You can undertake an Arcadia Internship in Sydney alongside your courseload at UTS. Placement options include: Advertising; architecture & landscape architecture; arts; business operations (including HR); entrepreneurial start-ups; environment & sustainability; film & TV; financial services; health; hospitality; journalism; law; marketing; non-governmental organizations; politics; psychology; public relations; sport; and theatre.
Campus life offers state-of-the-art sports facilities, and buildings are intermingled with the urban landscape. You’re right in the center of everything, with the city there to explore, and only minutes away from the Central Railway Station and Darling Harbour.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- You'll be part of the community with your housing, which is normally in apartments in student-oriented neighborhoods around the University. The classroom buildings interspersed with office buildings, restaurants, and shops add vibrance to the local environment. The surrounding community is the campus. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Mission Beach · The Grampians · North Stradbroke Island · Broken Bay · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program