- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
A unique International Summer School in the scenic heart of Scotland
Spend a summer alongside other international students in the scenic heart of Scotland.
This unique International Summer School incorporates Scottish themes into its range of modules and a full program of co-curricular components will round out your academic experience.
Taught in two, four-week blocks, you may enroll in one or both blocks. You will enroll in two courses for one block, and may enroll in one or two for the second. Each course is worth 2.5 credits, so you will earn a total of 5-10 credits for the program.
Course offerings include modules in Education, Data, Philosophy, Photography, Religion, Journalism, Film, History, Literature, Sports Management, International Relations, Gender Studies, Politics, and more.
In addition to orientation and welcome and farewell events, a number of other social activities are planned including a Scottish ceilidh.
University of Stirling is a top-rated institution with excellent facilities, flexible academic programs, and supreme natural beauty. With a five-star overall QS Rating and five-star ratings in many academic disciplines, this modern university in a pastoral setting is home to 14,000 students, 20% of whom are from a total of 120 countries.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The University of Stirling is situated in an area of incomparable beauty. The University campus, which is built around a lake and 18th-century castle, sits on 350 acres of landscaped parkland. You'll be within easy reach of the Trossachs, a magnificent area of lakes and mountains that served as the setting for the well-known Hollywood production Rob Roy. You'll be able to spend many enjoyable hours exploring the region's beautiful, rustic landscape with its craggy mountains, rocky valleys, peaceful lakes, and secluded.
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA recommended 2.9 GPA for consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program