- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The University of Westminster offers API students an ideal location for studying and absorbing all that London offers during the summer session. API offers three summer academic pathways at the University of Westminster. Each program is approximately three weeks long: the Media, Arts and Design Summer School, the International Business Summer School, and the Liberal Arts, Sciences and Urban Summer School.
- Setting Description:
- London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums. Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.8 G.P.A. (Freshmen must have a minimum high school G.P.A. of 3.0) *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Based on 1 Reviews
- If you are even considering studying abroad in London, go for it!01/18/19
I wouldn't trade my study abroad experience for anything! Not only was the summer program in London a great fit for me, but API was as well. It was my first time abroad and my mom appreciated the support API provided. I was able to be independent but
know someone was still there in case I needed something. I also really enjoyed our API group. We had some arranged outings like the London Eye, which gave us a chance to get to know each other so you never felt alone. 8 years later and I still talk to many of them. The London summer program at the University of Westminster was a lot of fun because they designed an international summer school, so I also was able to meet students from all over the world. A cool part of the program is that they also arranged trips, which made it easy to see a ton of stuff without having to plan it myself. Plus, there was plenty of time after class to explore London. Some of my favorite memories were my trip to Wimbledon, Globe Theatre, Tower of London, and the numerous walking tours you could take. There is so much to do and see in London, you will never be bored. If you are even considering studying abroad in London, go for it! You won't regret it. And API helped provide an amazing experience and I would highly recommend them if you plan to study abroad in London or anywhere.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend