- Stirling, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Located directly below the Ochil Hills and the National Wallace Monument, Stirling is a stone’s throw from the Trossach Hills and Trossach National Park, the setting for the movie Rob Roy, and encompasses Airthrey Loch and Airthrey Castle. It is a modern university though, built in 1967, and is only a short bus ride away from the town of Stirling, known as the heart of Scotland.
Study abroad at the University of Stirling offers excellent, flexible academic programs. Courses in the environmental sciences, ecology, and environmental education, marine biology and marine science, as well as in Scottish studies, film and media studies, communication and psychology are popular among students. In fact, psychology has earned a rating of "excellence" in recent (RTE) rankings.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- As a student at Stirling, you'll enjoy full access to the University's MacRobert Arts Centre, which houses a cinema, theater and gallery, as well as the Andrew Miller Building which is home to the library, student centers, small shops, a bank, and restaurants. You'll find plenty of opportunities to meet friends and enjoy a busy schedule of film screenings, live performances and art exhibitions. Stirling's excellent indoor and outdoor sports facilities include an international-class swimming pool, nine-hole golf course, fitness and weights rooms, tennis courts, basketball and badminton, and pitches for soccer, rugby and hockey. Opportunities for fishing, sailing and canoeing are available on the campus lake, which divides the halls of residence from the academic buildings. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA recommended 2.9 GPA for consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program