- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students in Edinburgh can enroll in a wide range of courses with Scottish and other international students at the University of Edinburgh, one of the world’s top 20 universities, based in one of the world’s most desirable cities. The university offers courses in the liberal arts and humanities, business, engineering, sciences, and much more!
The University of Edinburgh offers a wide variety of courses in the following subjects, the vast majority of which are open to study abroad students: Accounting African Studies Ancient History Archaeology Architecture – History Architecture and Landscape Architecture Art Asian Studies Biblical Studies Biochemistry Biology Biomedical Sciences Biotechnology Business Studies Celtic Chemical Physics Chemistry Civil Engineering Classical Art/Classical Archaeology Classical Literature in Translation Classics (General) Design Developmental Biology Divinity Earth Science Ecological Science Economic and Social History Economics Education Electronics English Literature Environmental Courses European Languages and Cultures (French, German, Hispanic, Italian, Russian, Scandinavian) Evolutionary Biology Geography Greek History History of Art History of Christianity Immunology Informatics Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies Language Sciences Latin Law Management Mathematics Mechanical Engineering Meteorology Molecular Biology Music Nursing Studies Philosophy Plant Science Politics Psychology Religious Studies Social Sciences Scottish Studies Social Anthropology Social Policy Social Work Sociology South Asian Studies Sport Theology and Ethics Zoology
- Setting Description:
- The dramatic and romantic appeal of Edinburgh is endless, set atop its volcanic crags with medieval cobble-stoned streets, a majestic castle and a skyline of turrets, domes and spires. It is easy to see where the inspiration for Harry Potter came from! The elegant Georgian facades of the New Town are a contrast to the winding, twisting alleys and hidden courtyards of the medieval Old Town. Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city, is not just a historic city, it is also forward looking, seat of the Scottish Parliament and boasting a vibrant cultural scene of live music, performing arts, galleries and museums and plenty of buzz. It is a great place for students, who make up 20% of the population and is home to one of the largest arts festivals in the world. Overlooked by the extinct volcano of Arthur’s Seat, sitting in the open parkland of Holyrood Park, Edinburgh is one of the greenest cities in the UK.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors & seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program