- Brisbane, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A world leader in STEM fields, dedicated to academic excellence
A top-50 globally ranked university, University of Queensland (UQ) was founded in 1910 and began its long history with 83 students (60 men, 23 women) studying in three faculties. Soon outgrowing its facilities, the current main campus five miles outside Brisbane city center was designed and built in the late thirties.
UQ is one of Australia’s oldest institutions, and was the first university established in the state of Queensland. Today’s student population of 53,000 studies in six faculties including an AACSB- accredited business school. 18,000 of its students are from a total of 134 countries. It is an institution dedicated to excellence and research, and ranks consistently high in teaching and learning and student experience, counting a Nobel laureate, an Academy Award winner, and many leaders in government, law, science, public service, and the arts among its alumni.
UQ's stately sandstone courtyard leads into a campus with its own parkland, lakes and sporting grounds - a welcoming, diverse, and pastoral setting for over 200 clubs and societies, with a campus culture conducive to academic inquiry and debate. Brisbane is a young, multicultural, vibrant city, so you’ll have no shortage of adventures to undertake and things to discover.
UQ is a world leader in STEM fields, and has strengths in English, history, political science and sociology, as well as sports-related subjects. Among its campuses, the university maintains research stations at North Stradbroke Island and Heron Island, allowing students access to the Australian environment as a curricular component.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Australia's third largest city is a blend of modern buildings, and classic Queenslander architecture set in a subtropical climate. With almost two million residents, you'll find a vibrant, multi-cultural lifestyle where there are plenty of events to keep you entertained whether your interests are in experiencing the outdoors, or theater and music. With a vibrant central business district, beautiful neighborhoods with their own distinct character, and an active arts district along the Southbank, you'll have plenty of places to explore. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Mission Beach · The Grampians · North Stradbroke Island · Broken Bay · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 3.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...