- Auckland, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
New Zealand's largest and highest-ranked university
Recognized internationally as New Zealand’s largest and highest-ranked university, and located in New Zealand’s largest and most multicultural city, the University of Auckland is home to 40,000 students and a vast array of course offerings. Auckland’s lovely harbor and temperate climate set the background for your studies with strengths in STEM subjects, including biology, marine studies and engineering, as well as anthropology, ethnology, and Maori and Pacific studies.
Among the features that define Auckland’s commitment to academic excellence are field study components in many courses, which offer a chance to bring learning outside the classroom. Additionally, Auckland’s AACSB-accredited Business School is located in the brand new, purpose-built Owen G. Glenn Building. You’ll be studying alongside more than 2,500 Maori students, 3,500 South Pacific Islanders, 15,500 students of Asian background and 6,000 international students - giving Auckland the vibrant diversity that makes it such an exciting learning community.
Auckland is a city of 1.5 million that offers lots of green space and easy access to beautiful beaches. The campus itself is a hub of activity, offering visiting students their choice from 200 clubs and sports teams. The Study Abroad Students’ Society (SASS) offers community, friendship, and support through a changing variety of events and excursions.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Waikato District
- Queen Charlotte Sound
- Abel Tasman National Park
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The city of Auckland is greatly impacted by its physical location between two harbors and is dotted by extinct volcanoes. It is called the "City of Sails" and on a summer's day it is obvious why - the whole population seems to be on beaches, or in yachts and fishing boats. As a participant in an Arcadia University program, you are guaranteed housing. Your program fee includes accommodation. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Waikato District · Queen Charlotte Sound · Abel Tasman National Park · Queenstown Weekend · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- · GPA: 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program