- Auckland, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students at AUT University will be able to enroll in a variety of subject areas with over 4,000 students, including local “Kiwis” and other international students from over 85 countries. The program begins with a unique Noho Marae weekend orientation where international students will learn about and experience New Zealand’s Maori culture and heritage.
Courses in New Zealand are commonly referred to as “papers.” Introductory papers are called 100-level papers; subsequent years or semesters are considered 200- and 300-level papers. 400-level papers are considered at the graduate level. Most papers are single-semester and are worth 18 points (credits). 54-72 points per semester can be regarded as an average course load. Students will enroll in 3-4 papers per semester depending on each paper’s point value for approximately 12-16 U.S. semester credits.
- Setting Description:
- Located on the northwestern tip of the North Island, Auckland (population 1.5 million) is the largest city in New Zealand, and home to an eclectic population of Europeans and Pacific Islanders. Known as the “City of Sails” for the abundance of boats in its harbor, the metropolitan area features over 100 miles of coastline. Come study abroad with API in Auckland and see for yourself why the city is consistently rated one of the world’s most livable cities!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $450,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program