- Macquarie Park, Australia; Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Pioneering, innovative approach to learning in suburban Sydney
Established in the mid-sixties in suburban Sydney, Macquarie is known for its inclusive and innovative approaches to learning, and its commitment to students as co-creators of their academic experiences. Inspired by this forward-thinking and highly supportive approach, Macquarie maintains significant links to industry in order to provide an array of internships and work placements for their students.
Named for pioneering early New South Wales governor Lachlan Macquarie, the university is ranked among the top 2% in the world with a 5-star QS rating and 100% of its research is ranked at world standard or above. It has a population of 40,000 students, 7,000 of whom are international.
Macquarie is located within commuting distance of the Central Business District, on a lush campus with a commitment to sustainability and plenty of green space. There are over 120 societies and 35 sporting clubs open for you to join.
Outstanding facilities, including Australia’s first and only private, not-for-profit hospital on a university campus, a state-of-the-art library, a sport and aquatic center, and an on-campus railway station ensure that you’re well-connected and well-served. Sydney is only 30 minutes away by train.
Macquarie has academic strengths in engineering, environment, law, linguistics, psychology, early childhood studies, and media & communications. Courses in accounting and finance are also popular, as Macquarie boasts an AACSB-accredited Business School.
Special Academic Opportunity: Macquarie has an award-winning Global Leadership Program that invites students to enhance their study abroad experience and develop important leadership skills by studying, volunteering and participating in activities on campus and around Australia.
Internship opportunities: You can also opt to add an Arcadia Sydney Internship on to your academic program at Macquarie. Options include: Advertising; architecture & landscape architecture; arts; business operations (including HR); entrepreneurial start-ups; environment & sustainability; film & TV; financial services; health; hospitality; journalism; law; marketing; non-governmental organizations; politics; psychology; public relations; sport; and theatre.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Macquarie University is located in suburban Sydney, within commuting distance of the Central Business District. Regardless of the courses you choose at Macquarie, you'll be on a campus with around 38,000 students, over 12,000 of whom are international putting you in the midst of a diverse multi-cultural environment. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Mission Beach · The Grampians · North Stradbroke Island · Broken Bay · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program