- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
An outstanding pre-med opportunity
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to have a clinical placement while studying abroad in the UK. Example placements include primary care practices, walk-in centers and sexual health centers. In addition to your placement, you will take a core course that is meant to conceptualize your experience, as well as three additional classes. Course topics may focus on national health systems and medical practice, as well as medicinal ethics, anthropology, and humanities.
King’s College, University of London is one of the top-ranked universities in the world with strength in STEM subjects, and also one of England’s oldest and most prestigious research institutions.
Its location gives you easy access to a wealth of cultural landmarks that the city of London has to offer, and students enjoy access to the KCL Students Union, with clubs, societies and sports to join in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- At around 19,000 students, King's is one of the largest University of London Colleges. Guy’s Campus which is located on the South Bank of the Thames River is home to the School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, the Dental Institute, and the School of Medicine. In a fashionable area of London near the Borough Market, Southwark Cathedral, and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Harry Potter Studio Tour · London Street Art Tour · Hampton Court Day Excursion · Rugby or Football Match · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.3 - Recommended 3.3 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...