- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Italian Language and Culture this summer in a beautiful hilltop city
Summer at the Umbra Institute in Perugia provides an exciting opportunity to take courses in Italian Language and Culture and enjoy all that this unique region of Italy has to offer.
The hilltop city of Perugia, located halfway between Rome and Florence, is a quintessential university town, offering scenic art and architecture and historical resonance at every turn. With Etruscan walls, cobblestone streets, and medieval churches surrounding you, you’ll find yourself in a contemporary, bustling place with visible traces of the past.
The Umbra Institute, located on Perugia’s main piazza, adjacent to the duomo, is the only year-round independent American institute based in Perugia. The Institute maximizes the resources of its surroundings, by infusing community engagement and experiential learning into all of its programming.
You’ll take one or two courses exploring Italian language, culture and history. There are no Italian language proficiency requirements to enroll. There are a wide variety of courses from which to choose, ranging from art history and performing arts, to literature and political science.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Amalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The Umbra Institute is located right in the heart of Perugia, in a splendid structure that was formerly a palace for Italian nobility, Palazzo Oddi. The palace maintains its distinct Renaissance character, while offering extensive modern facilities including a library, computer lab, classrooms, and student lounge. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.75 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...