- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Enjoy your own studio space in this word-class art institution!
With one-on-one instruction, a high degree of independent study and focused studio work, GSA's fine arts courses allow you to realize and develop your creativity and to mature as an artist. Emphasis is placed on studio work and continuous interaction and discussion with your instructors and visiting artists.
Areas of concentration include: textile design, painting, photography, sculpture, silversmithing and jewelry, printmaking and graphic design, glass blowing, drawing and architectural studies. Members of the faculty are practicing and recognized artists in their own right regularly exhibiting in one-person shows, exhibitions, and prestigious galleries as well as serving as consultants, art jurors and commentators.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- The Glasgow School of Art (GSA), housed in a one-of-a-kind, art nouveau building designed by the Scottish architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, is recognized worldwide for its excellence in teaching and innovation in almost every area of fine arts. The Glasgow School of Art guarantees Arcadia University students accommodation in their self-catered flats or in the University of Glasgow self-catered student houses. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program