- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
International excellence in fine art and design
Glasgow is Britain's second city for art, and the Glasgow School of Art's world-famous art nouveau building, designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, stands as a beacon of excellence and innovation in all areas of artistic endeavor. The School boasts numerous prize winners and famous practicing artists among its alumni. Arcadia Abroad students enjoy full integration and personal studio space as part of the School's independent and creativity-based approach.
Three areas of curricular study are available for semester or academic year. Students may concentrate in the School of Design; undergraduate majors in Fine Art may focus in their area of specialization; and students with high school or college level art background may take courses in the SASAP program. Areas of study available are architecture, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, visual communication, textiles, interior design, product design, metals and jewelry.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Windsor Castle
- Adventure weekend in Wales
- Royal Ascot
- Ceilidh Dance
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The Glasgow School of Art (GSA), housed in a one-of-a-kind, art nouveau building designed by the Scottish architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, is recognized worldwide for its excellence in teaching and innovation in almost every area of fine arts. The Glasgow School of Art guarantees Arcadia University students accommodation in their self-catered flats or in the University of Glasgow self-catered student houses. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program