- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The most unique aspect of studying at the Burren College of Art is the setting. Course offerings include a variety of studio art classes such as painting, drawing, photography, and sculpture amid the magnificent landscape of the Burren, an area that has long been an inspiration for artists of all genres because of its ethereal and intriguing beauty. In addition to traditional art courses, the College offers Insight on Site, a special program that encourages integration of various creative pursuits to broaden and advance artistic perception and methods. Also choose courses in Irish history and art history.
If the thought of studying art on the grounds of a 16th century castle in rural Ireland sounds appealing to you, then the Burren College of Art may be the ideal program for you. Your creativity will be inspired by both the facilities and the surrounding area. You'll have personal studio space and one-on-one guidance by faculty and visiting artists who are noted for their outstanding achievement in contemporary art and scholarship.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Among the many marvels of the Burren lies the village of Ballyvaughan, a lively little community where Arcadia program housing is based. Filled with quaint shops, musical pubs, and excellent restaurants, the residents of Ballyvaughan take pride in helping visitors appreciate the Burren's unique environment through a wide variety of geological, archaeological, and botanical workshops. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program