- Galway, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Time, space, and inspiration for artists
"Time, space, and inspiration for artists" are the founding principles of this small, innovative, independent art school located in an area of supreme natural beauty on the Wild Atlantic Way. Situated in Ballyvaughan, a small, picturesque village in rural Ireland, the Burren College of Art offers exceptional instruction in drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpture and photography, along with a selection of non-studio courses in areas including creative writing, Irish studies and art history. You will have access to personal studio space, plus one-on-one guidance from skilled faculty and visiting artists. Liberation from rigid programming and opportunity for intense focus has helped the many artists who have studied at the College to define and refine their artistic vision.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Belfast and Antrim Coast Weekend
- Croagh Patrick Pilgramage
- Éalú: Weekend escape to Wicklow
- Cliffs of Moher
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Among the many marvels of the Burren lies the village of Ballyvaughan, a lively little community where Arcadia program housing is based. Filled with quaint shops, musical pubs, and excellent restaurants, the residents of Ballyvaughan take pride in helping visitors appreciate the Burren's unique environment through a wide variety of geological, archaeological, and botanical workshops. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Giants Causeway · Cliffs of Moher · Weekend in Belfast · Bunratty Castle and Folk Park · Dublin Food Trail · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program